Welcome to the Mosiac Mommas!

This blog is for parents with multiracial children. Come here to freely discuss the joys and challenges of raising these special children. This is a nonjudgmental arena where you are able to ask questions and talk about issues unique to families like ours. However, we do ask that you refrain from negativity, insults, and use of bad language; this is a family blog. If you would like to be added as an author of the blog ... please let us know.

Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Princess and the Frog Review

I know everyone knows about Princess Tiana and the fact that she is African American, Disney's first African American princess. However, 2 other first are also a part of this milestone movie. One is that she is also the first American Princess and she and Prince Naveen are the first interracial Disney couple!

How wonderful is that to see? It has taken some by surprise...and I have seen comments about the fact that Tiana and Naveen are interracial. I have heard people say "Oh, a black man can't be a prince?" and things of that nature. However, for me and my family I thought it was WONDERFUL. Not only did my daughter get to see a princess that looks close to her own skin...but she also saw a couple where backgrounds didn't matter... looks neither since for the most of the movie they were FROGS. LOVED IT! 5 stars!!! A must see...

1 comment:

  1. That's awesome. I also heard that this is the first time that the same person did the speaking and singing voice for a princess. My boys don't sit still long enough for a movie but I plan to rent it when it comes out so I can enjoy it for myself.

    ReplyDelete